Crime

Trump offers timeline for ‘knocking out bump stocks’

During a press conference on Monday, President Donald Trump reiterated his earlier promise to ban bump stocks, a firearm accessory that allows semiautomatic weapons to fire rounds more quickly.

Get a snapshot of the stories that matter. Click here to follow us on Instagram.

The device was used during a mass shooting in Las Vegas last year, prompting Trump to speak out against them. He said this week that his administration is in the “final two or three weeks” of the process that will take them off the market in the U.S.

“In order to eliminate, terminate bump stocks, we have to go through a procedure,” he said.

The president said that “rules and regulations in this country are really tough, even for something like that,” explaining the process he said his staff has taken throughout the past year.

“We’re knocking out bump stocks,” he said. “I’ve told the NRA, bump stocks are gone. But to do it you have to go through public hearings, which we’ve had. You have to go through all sorts of regulatory control systems.”

If you’re enjoying Scope News, please click here to support journalism without an agenda.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s