After a letter CNN received earlier in the day signaled the Trump administration would seek to revoke Jim Acosta’s White House press pass after a current restraining order expires, reporters on Monday cited sources who said that threat appears to be over.
— John Roberts (@johnrobertsFox) November 19, 2018
A senior WH official tells me the White House is dropping its effort to ban Jim Acosta for his behavior at the Nov 7 press conference.
The office says, however, the White House reserves the right to revoke Acosta’s pass if he violates White House decorum in the future.
— Jonathan Karl (@jonkarl) November 19, 2018
Though a federal judge approved CNN’s requested temporary order, a decision on underlying first- and fifth-amendment grounds remains forthcoming. The network launched its suit after the White House revoked Acosta’s hard press pass earlier this month.